YMCA of Regina – We’re Hiring!
Food Service – YMCA of Regina
Department: Food Services
Direct Supervisor: GM, Childcare & Food Services
Position Start Date: Immediately
Hours: Full-time availability required
Availability must include flexibility to work at multiple YMCA of Regina locations
The YMCA of Regina is a non-profit charity open to all and dedicated to building strong kids, strong families, and strong communities. The YMCA of Regina excels at delivering programming focused on our three pillars of service; health and fitness, childcare, and community development. These premier programs influence the lives of almost 60,000 people annually in our local community and truly inspire our 350 employees and 150-person volunteer base.
The Director of Food Services is responsible for delivering industry best food services and exceeding menu recommendations set by the Ministry of Education for our childcare operations. This role leads the department in it’s responsibility to supply nutritional meals and snacks to hundreds of children who attend our five (5) childcare centers in Regina, while also serving members of the public at the YMCA of Regina’s Community café located in our downtown facility. As a member of the YMCA of Regina’s Leadership Team, the Director of Food Services leads the development and implementation of department-wide plans including managing a budget that supports the association’s overall strategy.
This role is a natural team builder and is accountable for managing and inspiring the Food Services team to deliver best in class food experiences through our commitment to well balanced and nutritional meals. This position is responsible for leading a team of (5-10) skilled food services employees that deliver quality food services on an on-going basis.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 3-5 years leading a team including: recruitment, retention, training & disciplinary matters.
- As a leader in the organization, serve as a positive role model reflecting YMCA values.
- Experience building policies and practices to support superior food services operations.
- Plan healthy and age-appropriate meals & snacks for Childcare Centersaccording to YMCA menus.
- Plan healthy and age-appropriate snacks for Before & After school programs according to YMCA menus.
- Ensure appropriate cleaning measures and safe food handling and storage processes are in place.
- Plan healthy meal and snack options for the YMCA Community Cafe patrons.
- Design and implements food ordering processes that meet budgetary constraints & menu requirements.
- Providing professional and high-quality customer service at the YMCA Community Café.
- Maintain accurate food order sheets and stock lists,
- Ensuring appropriate handling of cash, debit, and credit card payments for food orders.
- Foodsafe certification, or willing to obtain and renew every three years, or as needed.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation to get to and from multiple locations
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) including vulnerable sector check, dated within 3 months of hire
- Three (3) professional references who can attest to your incredible personal training abilities.
The YMCA of Regina provides a competitive total rewards package including membership benefits. Applicants are encouraged to apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 4, 2020. In the application, please provide a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.