CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Youth Program Instructor
The YMCA of Regina builds healthy communities by delivering excellent programs and services through inspired and committed people effectively and efficiently leveraging our resources. The YMCA of Regina is a charitable association, open to all, dedicated to enriching our community and individuals at every stage of life. We strive to be the premier values-based builder of health, leadership and personal development. The YMCA of Regina has three pillars of service; health and fitness, community development and childcare.
Youth Program Instructors work in various YMCA programs building skills in children, youth and teens of all abilities. We are looking for candidates with dedication, passion and leadership skills, if this is YOU, keep reading!
The YMCA of Regina is looking for exceptional talent to deliver weekly session-based Youth and Preschool-aged programs including but not limited to: Sport, Physical Literacy, Science and Art.
– Using YMCA curriculum, Program Instructors are responsible for weekly program plans and instruction of assigned classes.
– Working in a collaborative environment, Program instructors build relationships with all program participants and program families, reflecting the values of the YMCA.
Skills and Abilities:
– The successful candidate will exhibit a high level of organizational aptitude and creativity.
– Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to effectively manage groups through strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Criminal Record Check (CRC) including vulnerable sector check, dated within 3 months of hire.
To apply please send your cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com
Early Childhood Educator (ECE levels I-III)
Regina and Moose Jaw
Do you love teaching children of all ages? Building strong community relationships with families and the children you teach? What about working in a fast-paced environment keeping up with active minds? If so, the YMCA has exceptional opportunities for certified ECE’s. Current openings at multiple Centres.
Children learn through play and thrive on positive feedback from trusted teachers in nurturing environments. Through the assistance of our exceptional ECE’s, the YMCA delivers top-rated programming that ensures FUN, exploration, and milestone achieving environments. The work of ECE’s is critical to the development of all children, and we are so fortunate to continue to serve our community through this care.
Our ideal candidate will foster children’s innocence and take each of their “ah-ha” moments and run with it. The YMCA of Regina follows a particular YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum, an interest and play-based way of teaching. The YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum allows children the freedom to learn at their own pace, gain valuable skills and reach developmental milestones all while playing.
- Understand and uphold Ministry of Education childcare regulations while fostering teamwork.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and explore.
- Engage and encourage children through the implementation of the YMCA’s Playing to Learn Curriculum.
- Maintains a clean and healthy workplace according to public health and YMCA standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to working in partnership with parents, families, stakeholders, and team members.
- Early Childhood Education Level I-III Certification or willingness to obtain. The YMCA will sponsor up to 2 classes per semester to assist current employees with their ECE Certifications.
- Experience working in a structured childcare environment, an asset.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours during operating hours of 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Criminal Record Check (original) with vulnerable sector check dated within 3 months of hire.
- Current: Standard First Aid, CPR. The YMCA will cover the costs of current employee’s initial certification and recertification during their employment.
- Play and Exploration Training an asset, but not required.
The YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive total rewards package for full-time employees, that includes a retention bonus upon the completion of the 3 months probation, health, and dental benefits, an employer-matched pension after 2 years of continued employment, and a membership to the YMCA of Regina. We provide SINP support to eligible employees.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In application, please provide a resume and 3 professional references, and a copy of your ECE Certification, if applicable.