The YMCA of Regina is an Imagine Canada accredited non-profit charity that is open to all, dedicated to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. As the premiere values-based builder of health, leadership and personal development in the city of Regina, we focus our program delivery on our three pillars of service:
- Health & Fitness
- Community Development
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Childcare Centre Supervisor
ECE level III
$500 Retention Bonus! APPLY TODAY!!!
The YMCA of Regina is an Imagine Canada accredited non-profit charity open to all and dedicated to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. The YMCA of Regina excels at delivering programming focused on our three pillars of service; health and fitness, childcare and community development.
Do you love teaching children of all ages? Building strong community relationships with families and the children you teach? What about working in a fast-paced environment keeping up with active minds? If so, our Moose Jaw location, has an exceptional childcare opportunity available for a certified ECE level III Childcare Centre Supervisor.
Children learn primarily through play and thrive on positive feedback from trusted teachers in nurturing environments. The YMCA of Regina follows a particular YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum, an interest and play based way of teaching. The YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum allows children freedom to learn at their own pace, gain valuable skills and reach developmental milestones all while playing.
- Reporting to the Centre Director – working alongside the director maintain the flow of the off-site Centre
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment
- Maintain staff to child ratios and adequate supervision
- Program educational experiences that enrich the lives of the children
- Act as a support system for families and team members
- Multi-task and problem solve
- Communicate with the director with concerns surrounding employees, children and families
- Respectful and cooperative interactions with employees, families and children
- Report to the director a couple times a week via conversations and emails
- Early Childhood Education Level III Certification
- Experience working in a structured childcare environment, an asset
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours during operating hours of 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Criminal Record Check (original) with vulnerable sector check dated within 3 months of hire
- Current: Standard First Aid, CPR
- Play and Exploration Training an asset, but not required
The YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer and provides a competitive total rewards package. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply online to email@example.com by Friday, September 23, 2022. In application, please provide a resume and 3 professional references.
Beyond the Bell Staff
The YMCA of Regina is hiring Beyond the Bell Staff! Beyond the Bell is an afterschool program, targeted to youth that are in Grades 1-6, which focuses on: enhancing numeracy and literacy, developing leadership skills, skill- building through recreation and healthy lifestyles.
This program runs Monday- Friday from 3:00- 6:00 PM. We want to hire staff who are invested in youth, and see this type of job as more than just a paycheck. The YMCA looks forward to hearing from you if you are passionate about making a difference in children’s lives.
- Responsible for supervising and mentoring children enrolled in Beyond the Bell
- Building healthy and trusting relationships with students, families, teachers and school administration
- Executing fun, safe programming which is focused on the needs/ interests of children in the program
- Providing effective leadership to groups, with the ability to address challenging behavioural dynamics in children and in groups
- Contribute to lesson planning for the program
- Communicate with parents – updates, progress reports, etc.
- Provide students with homework assistance
- Communicate with Director regarding students progress, parents and school needs and program supplies required
- Represent the YMCA at appropriate local initiatives relevant to job description
- Perform other related duties as required from time to time for the overall operation of the YMCA’s Beyond the Bell Program
- Experience working with youth, ability to lead groups
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive role model, mentor and authentic leader
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Willingness to learn
- Self- motivated, be able to work independently and part of a team
- Experience in lesson/ program planning with the working knowledge of a multitude of ‘back pocket’ resources
- Must be able to obtain a Criminal Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Check
- Knowledge of literacy and numeracy programs is an asset
- First Aid & CPR required (can be provided within 3 months of hire)
- Constent to having an SGI Drivers Abstract completed, as driving a 15- Passenger Van may be required
The YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer and provides a competitive total rewards package.
Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to send their applications, including cover letter, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00pm on Wednesday, September 13, 2022
Group Mentorship Facilitator
Part-time, term position
YMCA Mentoring is a two-pronged approach, designed to engage at-risk youth (ages 10-17), in the community.
We provide mentorship both in 1:1 format with program volunteers, as well as group mentorship to youth. The
objective is to divert participants from criminality and to increase the protective factors that will help ensure their
future success and global health. The Group Mentorship Facilitator will work closely with the Mentoring
Facilitator to put together group mentoring “seasons”. This involves creating a theme for the season, planning
activities based on the chosen theme, and leading group sessions. This role will also work to develop, plan and
execute the drop-in youth leadership academy as well as in-school mentorship programs.
Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Group Mentoring Coordinator is responsible for facilitating
three group mentorship sessions throughout the year
• Ability to lead small groups of youth in activities that develop positive self-esteem, resiliency, social
skills development, etc.
• Communicating with parents/guardians of program participants
• Collaborating with various community stakeholders
• Maintaining updated information and reporting on our established case management database
• Communicating program successes and activities (to referral partners, parents, and funders)
• Work collaboratively with YMCA departments.
• Support program staff and scheduling.
• Experience in facilitating youth programming, and ability to work with youth demonstrating challenging
• Managing, mentoring and providing effective leadership to youth
• Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (valid within 3 months of hire)
• First Aid & CPR
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
• Flexible schedule as program will involve evening work and occasional weekends
The YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer and provides a competitive total rewards package.
Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to send their applications, including cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com, no later than 5:00pm on Friday, September 9, 2022
Youth Leadership Academy Staff
Part-time, term position
The YMCA of Regina will be offering Youth Leadership Development Programs in person at the Northwest YMCA.
The Youth Leadership Academy challenges youth to step out of their current comfort zones and into a new, and exciting realm of understanding. Youth will be provided with new experiences, while learning about themselves, gaining confidence and being part of new community. Sessions will include a chance to participate in physical activity, explore the community around them and mostly importantly, have fun.
This program is FREE to participate in, for both Y members and equally to the public. At the end of the program, youth receive a Certificate of completion.
This is a term position running for the 2022-2023 session. Candidates must be available on Wednesday evenings from 5:30-10:00pm.
Wednesday Nights in Classroom:
• Grades 4, 5, 6 – 6:00- 7:00 pm
• Grades 7, 8 – 7:15- 8:15 pm
• Grades 9, 10 – 8:30- 9:30 pm
• Planning and executing youth leadership development programming.
• Ensuring safely and engagement of all participants.
• Building healthy and trusting community for youth.
• Comply with all YMCA Child Protection policies and procedures, and complete Child Protection training as required.
• Communicating program successes and activities to program participants, their families and through the Y network.
• Self-motivated, be able to work independently.
• Have the ability to plan, lead programming discussions with youth.
• Past experience and interest in working with youth.
• Demonstrate ability to be a positive role model, mentor and authentic leader.
• Good communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to obtain Criminal record check dated within 3 months of hire & Vulnerable Sector Check.
he YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer and provides a competitive total rewards package. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to send their applications, including cover letter, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00pm on Friday, September 9, 2022.
Aquatic Program Leader
This role supports the Aquatics Director in the development and implementation of aquatic programming while providing assistance in staff supervision and training and maintaining aquatic centre safety. The Aquatic Program Leader will be responsible for ensuring quality, safe programming is delivered in all aquatic programs. The Aquatic Leader reports directly to the Aquatics Director with secondary reporting to the General Manager of Health, Fitness, and Aquatics, and any Manager on Duty in the facility. The Aquatic Program Leader will be required to work non-standard hours.
- Assist in supervision, coaching and mentoring, a high performing aquatic team and volunteers
- Assist with employee evaluations and goal setting activities.
- Assist aquatic staff with managing their awards and planning future training
- Provide training opportunities and assist with planning and leading in-service training for aquatic staff.
- Assist with employee recruitment and retention
- Provides on-boarding support to new employees as directed by Aquatics Director
- Ability to provide staff support and guidance and manage additional responsibilities in the absence of the Aquatics Director
- A minimum of 2 years lifeguarding and instructing experience
- Must possess current National Lifeguarding Service Award, YMCA Swimming Lesson Instructor, Lifesaving Society Swim for Life instructor or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Current Standard First Aid CPR-C/AED from Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross, St. John Ambulance or Canadian Ski Patrol
- Aquatic Leadership awards: Lifesaving Society Instructor, Lifesaving Society Aquatic Supervisor Award
- The following awards would be an asset: Bronze Mentor and Examiner, First aid Instructor, National Lifeguard Instructor, Lifesaving Society or Water Safety Instructor Trainer, Saskatchewan Pool Operators Course
To apply please send your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to Jennifer Roset, Director of Aquatics: email@example.com
Before & After School Program Site-Staff
Before & After School Program Site-Coordinators
Part-Time positions available
The YMCA of Regina Before & After School Program is committed to providing quality childcare before school and after school for children in grade 1 to grade 8, Monday to Friday at participating schools throughout the city of Regina.
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn, develop and explore, through the full implementation of our curriculum, A Place to Connect.
- Lead and engage groups of 10-15 children by implementing daily programming activities.
- Promote teamwork and open communication with parents and the Director of School Based Programs.
- Read, understand and comply with all YMCA of Regina policies and procedures, including Child Protection and A Place to Connect.
- Participate in all training as required.
- Membership staff are accountable for ensuring that members are provided a safe and inclusive space
- Membership staff are the face of our organization, they must be knowledgeable with regards to all YMCA programs and services and use sales techniques to encourage participation, and drive the growth of our organization.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, Monday to Friday, 6:45 AM – 9:45 AM & 3:15 PM – 6:15 PM.
- Must have a willingness to work in various locations throughout the city of Regina and must have a valid Driver’s License.
- First Aid/CPR would be an asset, but not required.
- Must provide a current (no older than 3 months from date of hire) criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check prior to employment offer.
- Have a basic understanding of child development and behaviour management.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a high level of organization aptitude, creativity and an awareness of the overall YMCA of Regina mandate and core values. Empowering youth and building trusting relationships with all children and their families, is an integral part of the program. All YMCA of Regina staff act as role models for program participants. Do you possess an inspiring and motivating approach to working with children and people? If so, please consider applying.
To apply please send your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to Christal Himmelspeck, Director of School-Based Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Program Instructor
The YMCA of Regina builds healthy communities by delivering excellent programs and services through inspired and committed people effectively and efficiently leveraging our resources. The YMCA of Regina is a charitable association, open to all, dedicated to enriching our community and individuals at every stage of life. We strive to be the premier values-based builder of health, leadership and personal development. The YMCA of Regina has three pillars of service; health and fitness, community development and childcare.
Youth Program Instructors work in various YMCA programs building skills in children, youth and teens of all abilities. We are looking for candidates with dedication, passion and leadership skills, if this is YOU, keep reading!
The YMCA of Regina is looking for exceptional talent to deliver weekly session-based Youth and Preschool-aged programs including but not limited to: Sport, Physical Literacy, Science and Art.
- Using YMCA curriculum, Program Instructors are responsible for weekly program plans and instruction of assigned classes.
- Working in a collaborative environment, Program instructors build relationships with all program participants and program families, reflecting the values of the YMCA.
Skills and Abilities:
- The successful candidate will exhibit a high level of organizational aptitude and creativity.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to effectively manage groups through strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) including vulnerable sector check, dated within 3 months of hire.
To apply please send your cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com
Early Childhood Educator (ECE levels I-III)
Regina and Moose Jaw
Full-Time & Part-Time positions available
Do you love teaching children of all ages? Building strong community relationships with families and the children you teach? What about working in a fast-paced environment keeping up with active minds? If so, the YMCA has exceptional opportunities for certified ECE’s. Current openings at multiple Centres.
Children learn through play and thrive on positive feedback from trusted teachers in nurturing environments. Through the assistance of our exceptional ECE’s, the YMCA delivers top-rated programming that ensures FUN, exploration, and milestone achieving environments. The work of ECE’s is critical to the development of all children, and we are so fortunate to continue to serve our community through this care.
Our ideal candidate will foster children’s innocence and take each of their “ah-ha” moments and run with it. The YMCA of Regina follows a particular YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum, an interest and play-based way of teaching. The YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum allows children the freedom to learn at their own pace, gain valuable skills and reach developmental milestones all while playing.
- Understand and uphold Ministry of Education childcare regulations while fostering teamwork.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and explore.
- Engage and encourage children through the implementation of the YMCA’s Playing to Learn Curriculum.
- Maintains a clean and healthy workplace according to public health and YMCA standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to working in partnership with parents, families, stakeholders, and team members.
- Early Childhood Education Level I-III Certification or willingness to obtain. The YMCA will sponsor up to 2 classes per semester to assist current employees with their ECE Certifications.
- Experience working in a structured childcare environment, an asset.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours during operating hours of 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Criminal Record Check (original) with vulnerable sector check dated within 3 months of hire.
- Current: Standard First Aid, CPR. The YMCA will cover the costs of current employee’s initial certification and recertification during their employment.
- Play and Exploration Training an asset, but not required.
The YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive total rewards package for full-time employees, that includes a retention bonus upon the completion of the 3 months probation, health, and dental benefits, an employer-matched pension after 2 years of continued employment, and a membership to the YMCA of Regina. We provide SINP support to eligible employees.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In application, please provide a resume and 3 professional references, and a copy of your ECE Certification, if applicable.