Current Employment Opportunities
Personal Trainer – Full Time – YMCA of Regina
Department: Health, Fitness and Membership
Direct Supervisor: Director of Health and Fitness
Position Start Date: Immediately
Hours: 30-40 hours per week;
Availability must include flexibility to work on evenings & weekends
The YMCA of Regina is a non-profit charity open to all and dedicated to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. The YMCA of Regina excels at delivering programming focused on our three pillars of service; health and fitness, childcare and community development. These premier programs influence the lives of almost 60,000 people annually in our local community and truly inspire our 350 employees and 150-person volunteer base.
If you are an amazing coach and Certified Personal Trainer who enjoys working with people as they strive to achieve and improve their healthy living goals, then keep reading! The YMCA of Regina is looking to add another incredible personal trainer to our Northwest location roster to help deliver exceptional membership experiences to our members. This role is a permanent full-time role intended to help members on their journeys well beyond the phase of New Year’s resolutioners’ at the onset of the New Year. We’re looking for a dedicated professional that wants to coach and mentor members throughout 2020, and, in the years to come. If this is YOU, keep reading!
Personal trainers at the YMCA of Regina are valued team members that are primarily responsible for deliverables that engage members in goal setting to facilitate their abilities to realize sustainable lifelong habits and achieve a healthy spirit, mind and body. If this is YOU, then keep reading!
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Offer member consultations, equipment orientations and facility tours relevant to the interests and goals of the member.
- Plan and lead fitness classes that prioritize safety, fitness techniques and FUN while meeting the YMCA group fitness behaviour standards (physical ability to lead a 1-hour moderate to high intensity fitness class)
- Perform personal training sessions and fitness assessments to develop individual and/or group training programs that are safe, effective and delivered with member-specific abilities in mind (physical ability to spot clients lifting weights).
- Current Personal Trainer Certification (ie: CSEP, NSCA, etc.). Post-secondary degree preferably in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Recreation, an asset. Current Group Fitness Certification as well as experience working with children’s sport/activity programs, are not required but considered assets.
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) including vulnerable sector check, dated within 3 months of hire and three (3) professional references who can attest to your incredible personal training abilities.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
The YMCA of Regina provides a competitive total rewards package including membership benefits and continuous learning opportunities. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 20, 2019. In application, please provide a cover letter, resume and three professional references.