Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who is eligible for the Membership Assistance Program?
- Anyone whose financial circumstances make them willing but unable to pay the full fee for a general membership.
Q: How does the YMCA determine how much I pay?
- The program is developed so each family or individual will contribute a portion of the full fee based on annual household incomes. The amount varies depending on the financial needs of the household income earners and a sliding scale of LICO (Low Income Cut Offs) as determined by government agencies such as Social Services.
Q: How do I pay for my membership?
- All applicants must pay their first payment up front when they join, subsequent payments are arranged through automatic withdrawal from a bank account or charged to a credit card. Those who do not wish to provide banking information can pay for three months in advance.
Q: Where does the money come from to support he YMA Financial Assistance Program?
- The YMCA of Regina raises money through its Strong Kids support campaigns, the YMCA Endowment Fund, and donations from organizations and individuals.
Q: Is it possible to join the YMCA for free?
- No. Everyone must pay a portion of the membership fees.
Q: If I receive financial assistance, what is expected of me?
- All information you provide will be kept confidential. We expect the same confidentiality from you. A YMCA membership also requires a commitment of maintaining good payment status and abiding by the YMCA core values: Caring, Respect, Honesty, Responsibility, and Inclusiveness
Q: What is the cancellation policy for the Financial Assistance Program?
- Assisted members are required to provide 14 days written notice of their decision to cancel their membership.