Early Childhood Educator (ECE levels I-III) – Full-Time
The YMCA of Regina is an Imagine Canada accredited non-profit charity open to all and dedicated to building strong kids, strong families, and strong communities. The YMCA of Regina excels at delivering programming focused on our three pillars of service; health and fitness, childcare, and community development.
Do you love teaching children of all ages? Building strong community relationships with families and the children you teach? What about working in a fast-paced environment keeping up with active minds? If so, the YMCA of Regina has exceptional childcare opportunities available for certified ECE’s at all levels (I-III).
Children learn primarily through play and thrive on positive feedback from trusted teachers in nurturing environments. Through the assistance of our exceptional ECE team members, the YMCA of Regina delivers top-rated childcare programming that ensures FUN, exploration, and milestone achievements. The work of our ECE’s is critical to the development of all children in our care, and we are so fortunate to continue to serve our community in this way.
Our ideal ECE candidate will foster children’s innocence and take each of their “ah-ha” moments and run with it. The YMCA of Regina follows a particular YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum, an interest and play-based way of teaching. The YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum allows children the freedom to learn at their own pace, gain valuable skills and reach developmental milestones all while playing.
- Understand and uphold Ministry of Education childcare regulations while fostering teamwork.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and explore.
- Engage and encourage children through the implementation of the YMCA’s Playing to Learn Curriculum.
- Maintains a clean and healthy workplace according to public health and YMCA standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to working in partnership with parents, families, stakeholders and team members.
- Early Childhood Education Level I-III.
- Experience working in a structured childcare environment, an asset.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours.
- Criminal Record Check (original) with vulnerable sector check dated within 3 months of hire.
- Current: Standard First Aid, CPR.
- Play and Exploration Training an asset, but not required.
The YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer and provides a competitive total rewards package. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org. In application, please provide a resume and 3 professional references.