FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR MEMBERSHIP
YMCA of Regina would like all members of the community to take part in its programs and enjoy its services regardless of economic circumstance. Financial Assistance is available for those who feel they would benefit from joining the YMCA but are financially unable, not unwilling, to pay the full general membership fees.
Our Financial Assistance Program is supported by dollars raised annually through our Strong Kids Campaign. It is through the generosity of our YMCA family and friends that everyone can have a YMCA experience.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Complete the Membership Assistance Application Form and acknowledge the terms and conditions on the application form.
2) Gather a Notice of Assessment (NOA) showing the net income for each income earner 18 and older in your household. One NOA is required for each adult even if the total net income is zero.
3) Bring the completed application and Notice(s) of Assessment, void cheque or banking information to the YMCA of Regina for review.
**NOTE** Re-application is required at the expiry of each Assisted Membership term.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Who is eligible for the Membership Assistance Program?
- Anyone whose financial circumstances make them willing but unable to pay the full fee for general membership.
Q: How does the YMCA determine how much I pay?
- The program is developed so each family or individual will contribute a portion of the full fee based on annual household incomes. The amount varies depending on the financial needs of the household income earners and a sliding scale of LICO (Low Income Cut Offs) as determined by government agencies such as Social Services.
Q: How do I pay for my membership?
- All applicants must pay their first payment upfront when they join, subsequent payments are arranged through automatic withdrawal from a bank account or charged to a credit card. Those who do not wish to provide banking information can pay for three months in advance.
Q: Where does the money come from to support the YMCA Financial Assistance Program?
- The YMCA of Regina raises money through its Strong Kids support campaigns and donations from organizations and individuals.
Q: Is it possible to join the YMCA for free?
- No. Everyone must pay a portion of the membership fees.
Q: If I receive financial assistance, what is expected of me?
- All information you provide will be kept confidential. We expect the same confidentiality from you. A YMCA membership also requires a commitment to maintaining good payment status and abiding by the YMCA core values: Caring, Respect, Honesty, Responsibility, and Inclusiveness
Q: What is the cancellation policy for the Financial Assistance Program?
- Assisted members are required to provide 14 days’ written notice of their decision to cancel their membership.