Wednesdays – April 28th to June 16th
Grades 4 to 6 – 5:45- 6:30pm
Grades 7 & 8 – 6:45- 7:30pm
Grades 9 & 10 – 7:45- 8:30pm
The YMCA has been training leaders of the future for many years. YMCA Youth Leadership Academy is designed to help youth build skills that they can use for a lifetime.
This FREE program will explore themes of identity and personal leadership. It challenges youth to step out of their current comfort zones and into a new
(virtual) realm of understanding. Youth from grades 4 to 10, will be provided with new and fun experiences, while learning about themselves, gaining confidence, and being part of a new community.
Weekly, participants will receive an email, with that week’s theme as well as things to watch and do.
- Week 1: Building our Community
- Week 2: What makes a leader?
- Week 3: Who You Look Up To
- Week 4: Leadership Potential In Everyone and the Importance of Followership
- Week 5: 110% Listening
- Week 6: You Are What You Believe
- Week 7: Youth In Leadership
- Week 8: Closing The Loop & Looking Beyond
By the end of the program, our participants will gain a better understanding in these areas:
- Ability to articulate personal values
- Awareness of how personal actions impact the larger communities
- Ability to engage in the community in a positive manner
- Respect and caring for oneself and others
- Sense of responsibility to self and others
- Awareness of cultural differences among peers and the larger community
- High expectations for self and community
- Sense of purpose in goals and activities
- Ability to follow the lead of others when appropriate
To register for this program or for more information, contact the front desk at 306-757-9622