The Youth Leadership Academy is a multi-faceted program that contains sessional youth leadership development programs, with mentorship services (both 1:1 matches and small group mentoring through a referral). It is free to join, open to all, and is designed for youth 10-16.
Through the Youth Leadership Academy, youth have a chance to test their personal limits, challenge themselves, and ‘level up’ while in a supportive community. After completing a session of Leadership programming, youth will be provided with a certificate and recognition for their engagement.
Fall 2021’s Program theme is exploring the theme ‘Courage’. Especially in the past few years, youth have faced many difficult challenges. They have been thrust into the ‘unknown’ and have been doing their best to cope in the ever-changing world around them. The Fall’s Leadership Program will activate a youth’s strength and build resilience. Youth will be empowered by choosing a personal challenge for themselves to pursue during this course. Youth will explore the juicy parts of what it means to be Courageous: standing in the resolve of being wholly themselves, and considering other’s paths of courage, and finding the strength to trust others.
By participating in Youth Leadership Programs, youth will:
- Gain awareness of how personal actions impact the larger communities
- Engage in the community in a positive manner
- Demonstrate respect and caring for oneself and others
- Have a sense of responsibility to self and others
- Gain Integrity
- Have an increased awareness of cultural differences among peers and the larger community
- Set high expectations for self and community
- Build a sense of purpose through goals and activities
- Build on their ability to both lead and support others in their initiatives
Program dates and times coming soon!
Interested in being involved?
Either fill out the form below or contact the YMCA’s Front Desk at 306-757-9622