Financial Assistance for Membership
YMCA of Regina would like all members of the community to take part in its programs and enjoy it’s facilities and services regardless of economic circumstance. Financial Assistance is available for those who feel they would benefit from joining the YMCA but are financially unable, not unwilling, to pay the full general membership fees.
Our Financial Assistance Program is supported by dollars raised annually through our Strong Kids Campaign. It is through the generosity of our YMCA family and friends that everyone can have a YMCA experience.
Here Are The Steps
Complete the Membership Assistance Application Form in full and provide the required paperwork.
Bring in the above documentation and make an appointment at our Member Services Desk for an interview. The interview cannot be booked until we have all your documentation.
For sessional programs such as swim lessons, be prepared to pay in full.(the subsidized rate) For ongoing programs paid on a monthly basis and for memberships, be prepared to make your first month’s payment( at the subsidized rate), as well as provide a method of pre-authorized payment (void cheque, American Express, Visa or Mastercard) for the remaining months.
Should your bank for any reason not honour any pre-authorized payment there will be a $5 service charge added on to the original fee. Any additional fees charged by the bank are the responsibility of the member.
If you are receiving assistance from the Saskatchewan Assistance Program or The Provincial Training Allowance, you only need to bring your most recent monthly statement and we will process your application at the front desk without an appointment.
The aim of the Membership Assistance Program is to assist those who are unable to pay the full membership or program fee.
We recommend that you complete the Membership Assistance Application Form to reassess and provide CURRENT documentation at least one month before your membership expires so that you can continue your membership. You will not be permitted to access our facility without a current membership. To set up your appointment please stop by our front desk at either of our locations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who is eligible for the YMCA Membership Assistance Program?
- People whose financial circumstance makes them willing but unable to pay the full fee for a general membership or programs.
Q: How does the YMCA determine how much I pay?
- The program has been developed so that each family or individual will contribute as much as they can afford. The amount of assistance will vary on factors such as the amount of total income and expenses for the household. The amount of assistance cannot be determined without going through the application process. The membership is assessed based on basic needs and low income cut offs for our region.
Q: Is it possible to join the YMCA for free?
- Everyone must pay a portion of the fee.
Q: If I receive YMCA financial assistance, what is expected of me?
- All information you provide will be kept confidential. We expect the same confidentiality from you. A YMCA membership also requires a commitment of completing your payments and of using your membership a minimum of twice a week on a regular basis.
Q: How do I pay for my membership?
- All applicants must pay their first month when they join and payments must be arranged for the remaining months. Pre-authorized chequing, American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Interac or cash are all accepted.
Q: Where does the money come from to support the YMCA Financial Assistance Program?
- The YMCA of Regina raises money through it Strong Kids Annual Support Campaign, the YMCA Endowment Fund, organizations and anonymous donors.
Q: What is the cancellation policy for the YMCA Financial Assistance Program?
- The YMCA of Regina requires that you provide 30 days written notice if you wish to cancel your membership.
Q: How do I renew my membership?
- All memberships have an expiry date. The YMCA does not remind you when your membership expires. As a member, it is your responsibility to contact Member Services to renew your membership. You must bring in your current income documents to be renewed. Your facility use will be reviewed.