We are now able to accept online bookings! Please click here to be directed to the booking site!
Please see the Front Desk to book, modify, or cancel an appointment or for more information. You can also call them at 306-757-9622 ext 2.
About Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is the therapeutic manipulation of the soft tissues of the body. It affects the muscles
and other soft tissues, the nervous system, the circulation and lymphatic system, the skeletal system, the respiratory and digestive system.
How Can Massage Therapy Help You?
- Massage therapy is used in the treatment of musculoskeletal problems, treatment of imbalances and injuries such as repetitive strain injuries like carpal tunnel or golfer’s/tennis elbow.
- Massage therapy is helpful for the relief and management of pain from back, hips and neck.
- Massage therapy can provide relief of headache problems, TMJ dysfunctions and stiff and sore muscles.
- Massage therapy helps to improve muscular health and to balance and improve posture.
- Massage therapy is very helpful in relieving stress because of its relaxing and sedating effect on the nervous system.
What are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
- Massage can help with the prevention of injuries by increasing joint range of motion, muscular flexibility and improving muscle tissue health.
- Massage can promote deeper, easier and healthier breathing. Many people with asthma and other respiratory problems find massage beneficial, as regular therapy treatments will improve breathing.
- It also aids in the function of the digestive system and relieves some digestive disorders.
- The Massage therapists at the YMCA of Regina can help to develop a specific treatment plan to suit each individual’s need and goals for a healthy lifestyle.
- Massage can help in improving athletic performance, recovery and treatment of an injury, and maintaining a healthy body.
- Many problems and illnesses can be prevented with massage therapy. However massage therapists at the YMCA Clinic recognize that some conditions are outside of the scope of massage therapy. They are trained to be aware of these conditions and will refer patients to the appropriate profession within the network that has been established according to the patient’s choice.
Does My Insurance Cover Massage Treatment?
Most insurance companies cover massage therapy to insurance holders.
Check with your SGI insurance adjuster for coverage information. Please specify when booking your appointment if you are covered under SGI.
Check with your plan to see what you are covered for.
Most private insurance policies cover massage therapy, whether it is under your group health policy at work or on your own. Check your plan for the benefits you have.
Do I Have to Be a YMCA Member to Have a Massage?