WHO can attend?
YMCA of Regina’s Board of Directors invites all Members to register and to join us at our upcoming AGM and special meeting.
- Members who are eligible to vote include adult (18+) paid current members who have joined prior to January 2, 2020. Please ensure to bring your current YMCA of Regina membership card or piece of government issued identification to the AGM for admittance.
*Please note that Day passes, complementary passes, or those accessing the YMCA with punch-passes are not entitled to vote at the AGM.
HOW TO Register for OUR AGM:
- Members of YMCA of Regina can register for the AGM in person at any of our sales and service desks, by telephone at 306. 757.9622, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirm your attendance before January 15th, 2020 and help us make sure we have room for all who want to attend.
- Please note that proxies will not be accepted at the meeting.
- Members seeking child minding (provided free to members attending our AGM), please be sure to confirm this when you register before January 7, so we can ensure our child minding is fully-staffed to serve you.
WHAT is involved?
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) program includes:
- Approval of the Minutes of the 2019 AGM
- Special Resolution regarding Articles of Continuance
- Presentation of 2018-2019 Financial Statements
- Appointment of Auditors
- Approval of candidates for the Board of Directors
The YMCA of Regina Gymnasium – Northwest Branch, 5939 Rochdale Blvd.
Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
We invite you to join our your Board of Directors and Senior Management team to enjoy coffee, refreshments and conversation following the AGM.
Membership Special Resolution On Articles of Continuance
The Government of Saskatchewan has advised the YMCA that it intends to repeal The Companies Act (Saskatchewan) and has requested that the YMCA continue under The Non-Profit Corporations Act (Saskatchewan).
The Government has advised that The Companies Act permits only continuance to The Business Corporations Act (Saskatchewan) and does not permit continuance directly to The Non-Profit Corporations Act. The Corporate Registry will facilitate the momentary continuance of the YMCA to The Business Corporations Act and then immediately to The Non-Profit Corporations Act in a single, two-step process.
We have been advised by legal counsel that this process will not prejudice the YMCA and that we will never be considered to have existed under The Business Corporations Act. The Non-Profit Corporations Act is a much more modern statute that is better suited to the YMCA’s governance needs. Other YMCA’s are governed by similar Acts.
The Board of Directors is recommending that YMCA continue to The Non-Profit Corporations Act. This requires a special resolution of two-thirds of the members voting, in attendance and entitled to vote at a members’ meeting. It is also possible and efficient to change the name of the YMCA in the Corporate Registry concurrently with the continuance.
Changing our name to “YMCA of Regina Inc.” from “Young Men’s Christian Association of Regina” will modernize our name to reflect the diversity of our membership and will bring us in line with most other YMCA’s.”
- 2019 – 2020 AGM Package is available here for viewing or download