Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who is eligible for the YMCA Membership Assistance Program?
- People whose financial circumstance makes them willing but unable to pay the full fee for a general membership or programs.
Q: How does the YMCA determine how much I pay?
- The program has been developed so that each family or individual will contribute as much as they can afford. The amount of assistance will vary on factors such as the amount of total income and expenses for the household. The amount of assistance cannot be determined without going through the application process. The membership is assessed based on basic needs and low income cut offs for our region.
Q: Is it possible to join the YMCA for free?
- Everyone must pay a portion of the fee.
Q: If I receive YMCA financial assistance, what is expected of me?
- All information you provide will be kept confidential. We expect the same confidentiality from you. A YMCA membership also requires a commitment of completing your payments and of using your membership a minimum of twice a week on a regular basis.
Q: How do I pay for my membership?
- All applicants must pay their first month when they join and payments must be arranged for the remaining months. Pre-authorized chequing, American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Interac or cash are all accepted.
Q: Where does the money come from to support the YMCA Financial Assistance Program?
- The YMCA of Regina raises money through it Strong Kids Annual Support Campaign, the YMCA Endowment Fund, organizations and anonymous donors.
Q: What is the cancellation policy for the YMCA Financial Assistance Program?
- The YMCA of Regina requires that you provide 30 days written notice if you wish to cancel your membership.
Q: How do I renew my membership?
- All memberships have an expiry date. The YMCA does not remind you when your membership expires. As a member, it is your responsibility to contact Member Services to renew your membership. You must bring in your current income documents to be renewed. Your facility use will be reviewed.